Saturday, August 21, 2010

Taking time for the little things

With all of the shoots I've been to lately I felt the urge to just play around with my camera and have myself a little mock shoot. One of my absolute favourite things to photograph is the little details. And where better to find attention to detail than at a wedding. This summer I have gotten my first handful (okay two handfuls) of wedding photography experience. Most brides want the prep and the detailed dress, jewellery and ring photos. So it's easy to see why I picked those things for the theme for this short 45 minute session I gave myself.

I have a closet full of dresses (from a past life) and each one holds a special place in my heart and memories for me. But very few do I love as much as my beautiful Alfred Sung dress-or the Princess Peach dress as we call it. Although I wore a very different dress by a very different designer to my wedding, I adore this dress whole heartedly and have always wanted to give it the attention it deserves, especially since it spends most of it's time in my closet.




And now we introduce some bling...

I haven't seen many brides wear lockets these days but they're an under apreciated gem in my mind...
And now to the part that the Brides-to-be like to see... Ring shots!




One of the many wedding traditions is to include the people you've lost into your wedding. Sometimes in prayer or in a keepsake. When my husband and I were getting married I wasn't to keen on the popular idea of attaching a keepsake to the bridal bouquet. (Mainly because I didn't want to part with my keepsake when I tossed my bouquet.) In the end I didn't attach this charm with a photo of my dad and I- and I always sort of wish I had. So here's my little tribute to a piece that should have been a part of our wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment