Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Photowalk





A few weeks ago I went on a photo walk with Chris of turtlesoulstudios.com and I've been meaning to post some of my shots. The great thing about hanging out with another photographer is that you get to bounce theories and ideas off of each other. Learning and experimenting with someone else is always more fun than learning on your own.

We weren't really going to anywhere in particular. I had a favourite spot in mind that we checked out in hopes of seeing wildlife. But when that didn't work out we ventured more east. First into suburbia for the gates of Elgin and then out into the oblivion known as Alberta's dirt roads. Chris and I are both transplants (meaning who moved here for our significant others, so we were transplanted into Calgary) so it seemed oddly fitting that we would go exploring.

While I don't excel at people free photography (in other words photos without people :p) a 365 project I've been doing for awhile now has really helped me to become more comfortable with photographing something other than people or animals. Photography, like any art form, continually changes and grows for each photographer, so it was with this in mind that I ventured out with Chris on Sunday afternoon.









Meet Chris.



Meet Chris's camera.

See Chris pose for me while I experiment with metering techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment