Friday, January 8, 2010

New laptop = fun and frustration



Well after much deliberation I broke down and we got a new laptop. The old one which has my jasc paint shop pro program on it is currently in the hands of a friend being repaired. So for now, I have no cute watermark. That will change as soon as possible!




This new laptop is exciting because now I will finally have enough space and a fast enough processor to play with my photos... Tonight I experimented with the trial version of nx2 provided with my d3000. It's a bare minimum photo editing program. Took me about 2-4 hours to get the hang of a couple of tricks on it.



As you can see, here are a few pictures from the hockey game, some much more edited than others. I found taking pictures at the rink very frustrating because every picture had to be shot through the protective glass and it was...well it's very used. :) As far as experiments go, overall it was okay. Attempt #2 will hopefully go better!




No comments:

Post a Comment