Friday, June 3, 2011

Changes :: Please Read

Hi everyone,

As I learn more and more about the photo busines there have been things I have had to change as far as pricing, fees and general practices. I sent out a mass email but it seems that some recepients never actually received their email, so I'm posting a blog post here.

In an effort to make the best use of both the cilent and photographer's time, the following additional costs are outlined and understood by the client.

Cancellation within 72 hours $60
Cancellation before 72 hours $20
Reschedule within 72 hours $50
Reschedule before 72 hours $20
No show fee of $60.

So if you were to call before 72 hours before your shoot and re-schedule, you will be charged $20 + $60 from when you have your rescheduled session.

When you book a date with me, that date is yours. I will turn down any other clients requesting that day. So if you choose to cancel the night before your session, you have given up your date and taken away someone else's opportunity to have a session.

I want to make it clear that although I do not require the agreement to be signed beforehand and a deposit made, I do this out of goodwill knowing that clients will sign the agreement at the time of the session. The agreement is generally emailed ahead of time to make you aware of the terms.

There is to be no trading of sessions with friends. If you have committed to a session date, I have dedicated that day for your session and no one else's. If you decide you are unable to go through with your session on the date you have chosen, then you have the option of rescheduling or cancelling.

Also, I will no longer be waiving the promotion clause on my agreement. In some situations I have been asked to not display the photos I take, and I have obliged the clients. But since this is becoming a repetitive request, I will no longer be waiving my right to use the photos for promotion. The purpose of my $60 rate is to expand my portfolio, which I can't do if I'm not allowed to display the photos. The only exception to the promotion clause will be boudoir photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment